The Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you fill out a form on our website or electronic registration form. You may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and demographic information such as age, marital status, income level and interests.
When you provide contact details for transaction requests such as scheduling a reservation, we will use the contact information that you provided to keep you updated about your reservation as well as for future offers or promotions unless you opt-out online or otherwise notify us. This information may be collected from, but not limited to, the following sources:
- Our communication with you when you register for a promotion or book a reservation; and
- Outside companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, to evaluate your credit worthiness and credit history.
How We Use the Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalize your experience to better respond to your individual needs;
- to improve our website based on the information and feedback we may receive from you;
- to improve customer service; to administer a promotion, survey or other site feature;
- to send periodic emails with information, contact you directly by telephone, email, direct mail or in other ways; and,
- respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
NOTE: We may also disclose nonpublic Personal Information to nonaffiliated financial service providers, such as banks and credit card companies, including loan servicing companies that may collect installment payments from you.
We collect Personal Information in the normal course of business in order to process your requests, orders and to serve you better.
Registering With Us
We begin collecting Personal Information from you when you register or create a new user account with us or simply fill out the “Contact” page.
We may also use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests; • to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or in which you are enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you, including ads on other websites;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your services, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- collected through our social media pages and other online interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use other information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation (i.e. to store your account information between sessions and to maintain information about the quotes you have requested during your session), to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. The site may not load or display properly. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, advertising, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including, but not limited to, accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Our Commitment to Security
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can e-mail us at email@example.com[e-mail address].
We may place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information; however, once you choose to furnish a site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information other than as explained below.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless one of the following limited exceptions applies:
We may disclose your Personal Information to other companies that help us process or service your communication or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to a service provider if you ask a question or make a specific request about a unit, reservation or show. Please be assured that the companies we work with are not allowed to use your Personal Information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
We may disclose or report your Personal Information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Please note, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. A representative list of the types of non-personally identifiable information collected may include: current Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T), the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the site (e.g., iPhone, Android).
Collection of Information by Third Party Sites
Our site may contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
We currently do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individual users across the web.
May other parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when they visit TraveBureauOffers.com
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat accounts with California billing addresses as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which this Site has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org [e-mail address].
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions set forth above. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person who is not of a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our email or physical mailing address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
Updates and Effective Date
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about the online privacy statement for this site you may contact us at the following:
Always Travel With Us
3015 North Ocean Boulevard Suite 121
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
This Privacy Statement posted on this site was last modified on June 2, 2015.